Remedies for a Burned Throat

Category Home Remedies
Drinking a cup of tea or coffee or eating a spoon of food that is too hot can burn your throat. Depending on the severity you may be able to do something at home to relieve it. This is a guide about remedies for a burned throat.

I took a "big" sip of a cup of tea where the water just got finished boiling. It was so hot I didn't know what to do and just swallowed it. I have had a sore throat, earache, eye pain, and pressure between my eyes. I know it sounds like allergies, but it is not. Can anyone advise me what do do?

I will never do that again.

By Debbie D.

Answers

See a doctor, sounds like you burned your insides pretty bad!

For this time, I agree with other response to see doctor. Next time: Put granulated sugar on it to stop burning. I read this somewhere and it works. I have used it many times.

I did the same thing with soup from the microwave. I immediately ate a popsicle. Your symptoms sound worse than mine. If you don't want to make a trip to the dr., go to the pharmacy and ask the druggist. If it removed the skin, you could end up with a serious infection. I think you really need medical help.

I agree, see a doctor. Another time spit it out and get cold water straight away, keep rinsing your mouth and throat with it and drink it. Not just a mouthful, a bottle. Might stop the worst of it. Poor you. Hope it's sorted soon.
Marg from England.