Remedies for a Burned Throat?

Category Home Remedies
Drinking a cup of tea or coffee or eating a spoon of food that is too hot can burn your throat. Depending on the severity you may be able to do something at home to relieve it. This is a page about remedies for a burned throat.

I had hot soup for lunch at 4pm (3 hrs ago at the time I write this) and burned my throat when swallowing. I quickly pushed cold water down after, it but it still burns. Any advice? I am drinking cold water while working since my job allows bottles in my area, but it still hurts. The cold water doesn't seem to help.

Answers

Best Answer

If your throat is burned from hot soup it is not really a good idea to drink really cold water to soothe your throat. You should try to gargle with some warm water and salt to help the burning in your throat. You can also suck on some throat lozenges to help with the pain. Finally you can try drinking some warm tea with honey in the tea. This seems to help a lot and will ease the pain.

Best Answer

Hopefully you're now home and can try some home remedies to help calm your throat.

Anything warm is probably better than anything cold so whatever you try - use warm liquid.
You might want to heat some water in a cup - add a little table salt and add an aspirin. Stir till dissolved and use this to gargle several times before going to bed.
Water may be hot to dissolve aspirin but only warm to gargle.
Any kind of cough drops or hard candy may help as it will keep your throat from getting dry.

Best Answer

My go to for this situation is twofold. One is gargle with warm salt water. I use 1 teaspoon salt to 1/4 cup water. It stings but heals. Then I eat a tablespoon of honey. It is a bit cloying but soothes. I was it down with tepid water. Usually the next day I am better. Prayers for healing!

I took a "big" sip of a cup of tea where the water just got finished boiling. It was so hot I didn't know what to do and just swallowed it. I have had a sore throat, earache, eye pain, and pressure between my eyes. I know it sounds like allergies, but it is not. Can anyone advise me what do do?

I will never do that again.

By Debbie D.

Answers

See a doctor, sounds like you burned your insides pretty bad!

For this time, I agree with other response to see doctor. Next time: Put granulated sugar on it to stop burning. I read this somewhere and it works. I have used it many times.

I did the same thing with soup from the microwave. I immediately ate a popsicle. Your symptoms sound worse than mine. If you don't want to make a trip to the dr., go to the pharmacy and ask the druggist. If it removed the skin, you could end up with a serious infection. I think you really need medical help.

I agree, see a doctor. Another time spit it out and get cold water straight away, keep rinsing your mouth and throat with it and drink it. Not just a mouthful, a bottle. Might stop the worst of it. Poor you. Hope it's sorted soon.

Marg from England.

Drink some aloe vera juice.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesMay 24, 2013
😷
😎
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Remedies-for-a-Burned-Throat.html