Transferring a Picture to a Cup or Plate

I'm looking for information on how to transfer a picture on to a cup or plate. I know how to use an iron-on to put a picture on a T-Shirt. Can I use a similar method to iron a picture on a cup? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,
Faye from Texas

Answers:

This company has all kinds of transfer equipment and supplies:

http://www.transferit.net (05/16/2005)

By ThriftyFun

The process is not really too simple and unlikely to be economical enough to do at home. try here:
http://www.digital-ceramics.com/index.php

Best of luck (05/16/2005)

I don't do plates, but you can see my cups at http://www.deb7019.com

If you don't need them to be dishwasher proof, you could just print your picture on decal stuff from Wal-mart, cut it out and stick it on there. Mine are dishwasher proof, btw.
Blessings
Deb (05/17/2005)

By Deb

This plate procedure is simply for decorative use. I have used the decoupage method of transferring pictures onto clear glass plates. I begin with a copy of the picture. It is much easier to adhere the picture, to the plate, than photo paper, because of the texture. " I used standard typing paper".

First cut the photo out, and place behind the plate, (facing toward you) along with all the other pieces that will be glued onto the back of the plate. This step is just to preview the finished plate. Then, begin by spreading a thin layer of Elmer's or decoupage glue, onto the back of the plate. Before putting glue on the front side, of the picture, moisten the back of it with a washcloth or a spray bottle (be careful not to pull, it might tear, just press moisture into the paper(it will make it easier to work with), now pour ample amount of glue onto the photo.

Lay your picture front side down onto the back of the plate. Press out all bubbles and wrinkles, using your fingers is best. Then continue with background pieces. (You can use almost anything as a background: gift wrap, tissue papper, more pictures- to make a collage, napkins, or wait till it dries and paint it with acrylic paints.

To seal you may use special sealers, clear spray paint or layer the glue in several coats allowing it to dry in between coats.
The possibilites are endless.
Have fun,
mary ann* (08/05/2005)

By Mary Ann L*

I hope this is what you need ! NEED, 1 clear plate or cup. Decoupage medium; brush or sponge applicator. Aerosol acrylic sealer and sponge or brayer. Now, apply a thin layer of decoupage medium to the front of picture using a sponge applicator. Position the picture on the back of the plate; smooth out bubbles or wrinkles, using a sponge. Allow decoupage to dry.

Apply thin coat of decoupage medium to the back of the picture as a sealer, allow it to dry. Use acrylic paint in a light color around picture, use a natural sea sponge; apply sparingly. Apply remaining layers of paint, finishing with darker color. If desired, paint back of plate a solid color, using an aerosol paint. Apply light coat of aerosol acrylic sealer; allow sealer to dry. Apply second coat, DONE (04/06/2006)

By Diann

Check this out www.decalpaper.com
I'm ordering some to put a picture of my parents on a plate. The plate is the only piece left from their first dishes when they were married over 60 years ago. I can't wait to see how it works.
(11/13/2006)

By minidox

Look at lazertran transfer paper allows you to print just about anything and put it on any kind of surface. (09/21/2008)

By Dina Parker

Gold picture frame.
Cleaning Picture Frames
Closeup of HDMI Cable
Saving Money on HDMI Cables
Making a Photo Plate
Making a Photo Plate
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
🎉
🎄