Transplanting African Violets

I have African violets that I have recently repotted. They look fine except some of them have wrinkled leaves?

By Betty from Henryville, IN

Answers:

Transplanting African Violets

Both the replies below are excellent. I use both their methods all the time and have always had great luck. One other thing I do with African violets though, is when I'm putting the new soil into the new pot prior to putting the plant in, I run a length of candle wicking through one of the holes in the pot and up thru the new soil and then I gently push it up into the old soil as close to the roots as possible. Candle wicking is very absorbent and will draw the water up from the tray into the soil as needed without over-watering. And I never have to worry about whether the water is getting into the roots.

I actually use this method on all my plants, not just the African violets. (03/04/2010)

By Cricketnc

Transplanting African Violets

African violets prefer "tight shoes" and would rather be in a snug fitting pot, which is not the norm for most plants. Please be sure you are also watering your violets from the bottom and using warm water. They really dislike cold water. (03/05/2010)

By LillyM3