Using Soda Can Tabs to Double Wardrobe Space

Category Closet
Hang another on an existing hanger using a pop can tab.
This is a guide about soda can tabs to double wardrobe space. To help organize your clothes closet you can add room for more hangers by using can opening tabs.

Slide a ring pull from a soda can over a coat hanger. Immediately, you now have double the wardrobe space!

Source: I saw a picture online.

By Monique from Somerset, UK., Weston-super-Mare

Top Comment

I just tried this and it worked excellent. Thank you Monique, I hope you win the contest for this great tip.

Top Comment

For larger hangers use the poptops from soup cans (such as Progresso). They have larger holes than soda can poptops!

Top Comment

If you use fat hangers use curtain rod rings,or shower curtain rings. I get them at tag sales and they are inexpensive.

Instead of buying those multi-hanger type hangers, use the tabs from tab opening cans, such as soda, cat food, ravioli, etc., to hook one or more clothes hangers together to create more room in your closet! Just slip the tab onto the hanger hook and connect the hangers!

Read 1 Comment

Here is a clever closet trick. Slide a soda can tab over the hook of a coat hanger and you can hang twice as many items in your closet. This works especially well for keeping coordinating jackets and pants together.

I have a small cabinet for my dresses. Hanging my dresses was very tight. They were all comprised and it caused them to become wrinkled. Because I needed more space, I used the pull tab on cans, like on soft drink and juice cans.

Remove the pull tab and insert on to the wire hangers. This way you can have more space to your cabinet.

Use a pop tab to make a double hanger for a top and skirt or top and pants. Put the hanger hook through one of the holes in the pop tab, then hook a second hanger through the other hole.