OtherRecycled Crafts

Uses for 250 Hot Pads

I am pretty sure I am about to be asked to take back the "Care Squares" I made from recycled yarn from a local shop, because they are acrylic. They are not pot holders, but hot pads. We crafters have been making them for decades, but now it's a melting issue because they are essentially plastic.

So, here I am asking the coolest people on the planet what you would do in my situation. Here are the facts:
They are double thick, 6 inches by 6 inches, hot glued in the middle and whip stitched around the edges. They represent about $75.00 in cost, and took me 250 hours to make. I was to sell them for $3.00 or 2/5.00 and now I need your help in what I can sell them for that everyone will agree is safe.

I don't like walking on or letting my pets on my work, but if they are sold they can of course do anything they want. So help me out all you creative folks. Here are shots or two of them. Thanks a million in advance.

By Sandi from Salem, OR

Well, as a dog lover the first thing that comes to mind may bother you some, but they could be put together to form a mat for dogs. Also, you could use them as coasters, maybe needing something added to make them water resistant.

Or, they are so colorful and pretty, how about framing some of them and selling them as artwork? Good luck, will be watching for what great ideas others will think of.

That is a great start. No, I don't mind helping my canine friends. I was also thinking of crocheting 5 of them together and making a basket. The fit of it is I could just unsew them and then unravel them but I glued the center for strength. I guess sometimes I make things "too good"! I will keep checking back!

Coasters? a block rug? sew several together for a small rug by the door for shoes and boots

I'm thinking of hanging bells or metal rods for an unusual and pretty wind chime.