Uses for Clip Hangers

Category Miscellaneous
Uses for Clip Hangers
Clothes hangers with clips can be used in a variety of ways around the house. This guide contains uses for clip hangers.

I've found a use for those clip type hangers that come with new pants or skirts from the store. I use them for hanging my skirts in the closet. But don't like to use them for my pants because of the clip mark that's left on them.

So I keep them handy in the laundry room. Now when I wash my slippers but don't want them to go through the dryer, I clip one slipper to each end of the hanger. I also use it to hang my steam mop pads after washing. Also, any unmatched socks that come out of the washer or dryer get clipped to one.

In the closet it's a great way to store scarves and sash type belts. During cold weather I have crocheted scarves and matching hats and mittens. I clip the mittens to one end, hats to the other end and drape the scarf over the middle, keeping each set together and easy to grab.

I love to feed the wild birds so I hang one of these hangers outside with a small bird treat on either end. I disguise the hangers with silk foliage and flowers. The birds love it.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Cricketnc, this is such a good idea. I've been throwing the things away. Now I wish I had a stack. Thanks for the tip.

What a great idea * Thank you! I will be putting mine to good use for sure * Happy New Year :-) Jo'

I used to throw them away myself, but my sister clued me in to many uses for them. They are great for hanging out small hand washables too! I had not thought about the birdseed, but now I will try that as well.

Hang slacks by the waistband rather than cuffs. I also use those them to hang necklaces and bracelets, the end clips prevent them from sliding off.

Just as useful as clips, which I sometimes run short of because of having too many snacks open at once, is the hangers with clips! Also, if you are short of shelf or cabinet space, you can hang the snacks on a nail on the back porch out of the way and possibly rodents won't get to them as easily!

Great idea! On some of those type plastic hangers, you can easily snap them off the hanger to use as clips.

I use this method also.. but hangs on cup hooks inside of caninet doors. I must agree with Veronica it work great! .. keeps snacks high enough out the the kids reach too :):)

As an extra idea... I also use these pants hangers for my Ziploc or Hefty Food bags..

I sort according to size and put the "unopened" ends into a few of these pants hanger.

I then hang the hangers inside of my pantry door on a few cup hooks.

Less mess with open boxes on the shelf and I can actually see when I'm running low on a certain size.

I also have a few "used and re-used" but clean bags on pants hangers attached to my freezer side with a hook magnet, for when I put bread, chicken etc... into the freezer, the extra bag works well against freezer burn :)

Another good idea are those office "big bulldog type binder clips", Fold your bag into a point then fold down once or twice, then put on the bull dog binder clip and just keep the one side UP so you can hang it up on that cup hook!

Binder clips are tighter then most chip clips.:)

I love when we all share our ideas here!

Thanks Veronica!

I haven't used chip clips for years. I bought a pack of clothes pins about 10 ten years ago, and am using the same pins now! I also like to use them for cereal and chip bags that come in boxes.

I use the pants hangers. to hang up my recipe while I am preparing the recipe. I hook the hanger on the cabinet door above the counter, now the printed recipe is at eye level as I work. You can also hang small cook books, if they are not to heavy.

All good ideas! I am a clothes pin user too. Have had the same box since my son was 2 months old. He just turned 14...lol

Usually department stores give you the hanger that comes with shorts, especially children's. The ends have the plastic with the metal slider. The entire part can be snapped off easily and reused for snack bags and such.

By ceil

I can't figure this one out! I have a ton of these hangers and none of them have a slider.

If you have clothing items that you can't hang up on a regular clothing hanger (like rompers and strapless dresses), you can use a skirt hanger. Make sure you get the kind with adjustable clips so it fits any type of clothing piece you own! They can be easily purchased at a local Walmart or Target!

I use these hangers too! You can get them free if you shop at Target, Macy's and they ask if you want to keep the hangers when purchasing the clothes!

Sometimes keeping your recipe close at hand and easy to view while cooking can be difficult. Use a hanger with clips to keep your recipe off the counter and easy to read. This is a guide about using clip hanger for reading recipes.

Clip hanger used for holding recipe, from cupboard knob.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes