Uses for Floppy Discs

Now that computers no longer use floppy discs is there any use for all the unused ones I have? I hate to throw anything away that can be used for something else. Coasters are the only thing coming to mind.

Audrey from Enfield, CT

Answers:

Uses for Floppy Discs

I use mine to back up what I do each day, such as pictures, cute email, information from a site, etc.
Then I can look at it again, and decide if I want to keep it, and burn to a CD. (01/25/2006)

By Lee

Uses for Floppy Discs

I use them as backing for fridge magnetic hangers that I make myself. I stick a magnet to the back and I glue all kinds of things to the front, like photos or make pictures with left over scraps from my crafting. Or even a few small flowers. They make a good stable backing, easy to move around the refrigerator door. And when you feel like a change, either pull off the old decor and make a new one, or throw it away all together. (02/10/2006)

By Marion

Uses for Floppy Discs

Make a floppy disk bag. Look at instructables.com (11/05/2007)

By Billy

Uses for Floppy Discs

They are still useful if you have old backup disks lying around. My dad has so many disks and they still have useful stuff on them, but I could burn those things on a CD. Coasters might work. (09/07/2008)

By Leopardclaw

Uses for Floppy Discs

Frisbees. (11/24/2008)

By Lolcat

floppy disk pen holder
Uses for Old Floppy Disks
Chihuahua puppy
Puppy's Ears Aren't Standing Up
Hand with rubber glove holding a DVD
Cleaning CDs and DVDs
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
computer disk case
Uses for Floppy Disk Cases
🎉
🎄