Uses for Floppy Disk Cases
There are ways to reuse these containers for all kinds of things. This guide contains uses for floppy disk cases
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A new use for floppy disc cases. For the most part, floppies are no longer useful. However, their cases can be. I just found these for 10 cents at a thrift shop, and can think of several things to do with them. My photo is of photo storage. Here are some of the other ideas I had in mind:
- If you don't like rolodexes, you could use them for business cards.
- Does your dashboard look like you live in your car? Why not keep receipts nice and neat in your console?
- Keep a deck of cards or mini books for the kids when they are bored?
- It would hold a great mini office supply or sewing kit packet.
- Keep a travel alarm clock clean and handy.
- Have a note pad and mini pen with you at all times.
- Keep batteries with you when you camp, travel, or shop.
- Overnight creams, makeup and toiletries in sample sizes fit in perfectly.
- Hair pins, scrunchies, and more can all stay organized.
I found these in several colors, but you can either label them or get them in clear for easy access. Now it's up to my creative friends at Thrifty Fun to come up with more ideas!
By Sandi from Salem, OR
Individually wrapped slices of cheese fit in 5.5 inch floppy disc cases. We use an old case to store our cheese in the refrigerator!
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
I have a lot of old plastic floppy disk cases that snap close. They are the plastic ones that are 5.5 inches that you can sit on a shelf or stack. I need some ideas for what to do with them. I already know about giving them away free on Craig's List. Before that, I wanted to try to to find some ideas here.
Answer this Question...
By guest (Guest Post)
December 3, 20050 found this helpful
they work great for dividing; well almost anything. I use mine to divide my "junk" in my junk drawer. We use them to divide things in our cabinets. They also work well for for putting paper clips, staples, lead fot pencils. I carry one in my purse to hold my scrap paper, and another for different cards I carry in my purse ie club cards, punch cards ect.