Uses for Floppy Disk Cases

Category Reusing
There are ways to reuse these containers for all kinds of things. This guide contains uses for floppy disk cases.

A new use for floppy disc cases. For the most part, floppies are no longer useful. However, their cases can be. I just found these for 10 cents at a thrift shop, and can think of several things to do with them. My photo is of photo storage. Here are some of the other ideas I had in mind:

I found these in several colors, but you can either label them or get them in clear for easy access. Now it's up to my creative friends at Thrifty Fun to come up with more ideas!

By Sandi from Salem, OR

Individually wrapped slices of cheese fit in 5.5 inch floppy disc cases. We use an old case to store our cheese in the refrigerator!

I have a lot of old plastic floppy disk cases that snap close. They are the plastic ones that are 5.5 inches that you can sit on a shelf or stack. I need some ideas for what to do with them. I already know about giving them away free on Craig's List. Before that, I wanted to try to to find some ideas here.

Thanks,
Carrie

Answers

they work great for dividing; well almost anything. I use mine to divide my "junk" in my junk drawer. We use them to divide things in our cabinets. They also work well for for putting paper clips, staples, lead fot pencils. I carry one in my purse to hold my scrap paper, and another for different cards I carry in my purse ie club cards, punch cards ect.