Browsing: Uses for Old Shoes

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Old Shoes

Old worn shoes don't necessarily need to go into the trash. With some creative thinking you can find new uses for those old shoes. This is a guide about uses for old shoes.

boot planter
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 28, 2009 Flag

What can I do with old tennis shoes and steel toed work boots?

By timnc2708 from Winston, GA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know if you have a FinishLine store near you but I know they all have bins in the stores where they take old shoes and recycle them to donate to needy children. If you don't have a FinishLine store you could call around to other sporting goods stores and see if they do something similar.

Sometimes I take old shoes to the shoe repair place and have them resoled or fixed in whatever way they can. Then I either take them home or give them to the Veterans place around here that runs a resale shop.

The planter idea is good, and I've seen that done in a really cute way before. you can leave them as they are or paint them to match your outside decor.

My daughter has a dog that loves to chew and they can't keep him in toys, so they give him old rubber shoe soles to chew on. I know it sounds counter productive, since nobody wants a dog that thinks it's alright to chew on shoes, but he seems to understand that this is his toy and the other ones are for people.

All the ideas are great. I once stashed a spare key inside the tongue of a pair that had plants in them. No one ever caught on. If you plant them, chiken and hens grow great in them...just check it out for yourself.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4615939_planters-old-shoes-boots.html

Use them for planters. Really cute!

Read More Answers...

October 9, 2004 Flag

My old leather shoes were beyond repair according to the local cobbler. So I tore the leather away from the sole and cut it into interesting designs and hot-glued them onto a plain pair, and then glued a nice button on top for decoration. Now I have "designer" shoes that I designed.

By springmaid5

Better Living Green Living ReusingJuly 10, 2013
Trying on New Shoes
Breaking in New Shoes
Polishing Leather Shoes
Polishing Leather Shoes
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 11:26:37 PM on 10.0.2.169 in 991 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.