Uses for Racks and Bins from Old Refrigerators

Once a refrigerator is no longer worth repairing, you may be able to use the shelves and drawers for other things around your home. This guide is about uses for racks and bins from old refrigerators.

August 20, 2008 Flag

Great re-use idea! A friend was discarding an expensive, but old refrigerator. I asked for the bins which I use to wash things outside, and I asked for the wire shelves.

I immediately used them to keep squirrels from digging up morning glory seedlings, which they do every year. The sun and water can get through until the vines are big enough to hold on for themselves. I used to tie on screening, but that was a pain. This is so easy!

By OhioGirl from Cleveland, OH

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 3 Comments

June 20, 2012 Flag

What could I do with old glass refrigerator shelves? I have lots of ideas for the bins.

By bellanell

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Reuse the refrigerator racks as a trellis in the garden for flowers or veggies? A small rack would be perfect in a large potted planter. Or hang the rack on the wall as an organizer for ear rings?

Can they be used with bricks to make shelving?

Glass shelves could be used on sink counters to protect the surface from being scratched, or under the coffee maker or espresso machine to keep coffee spills from staining counter surface or as a surface under slicing beets, or thawing frozen berries or packing berries ready for the freezer.

Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 14, 2013
Brownies overflowing on oven rack and bottom
Cleaning Oven Racks
Spice rack with magnetic canisters.
Other Uses for Spice Racks
Plastic Trash Bin
Uses for Plastic Trash Bins
Empty wood wine rack.
Uses for Wine Racks
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:11:25 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.