Uses for Rope Lights

Besides Christmas decorating, there are a number of ways that rope lights can provide indirect lighting and save energy. This guide is about uses for rope lights.

June 1, 2012 Flag

My husband and I just got a new bed and it is slightly bigger, just enough for me to run into it during my middle of the night bathroom trip. A night light in the bedroom keeps my husband awake. So, my solution was to get a string of the LED rope lights in a soft white color. I ran it under the bed, along my side. This provides just enough light for me to find my way back into bed without running in to it. I just follow the light and stop when I get to it. And, since it is under the bed, it doesn't shine towards my husband's side to wake him up.

When my children were smaller, I had a rope light that ran from their bedroom door to the bathroom door. Each bedroom had a different colored rope light so they knew which one to follow to get back to the correct bedroom. This works well for elderly people as well, to provide enough light to find their way at night when they don't want to turn on a bright overhead or don't have an outlet in the right place for a night light.

By April from NW, MO

Excellent solution!

What a brilliant idea! This is great when you have overnight guests who have to use the bathroom at night and have no idea where it is in the dark!

Great solution for most people but as a home health aide I would never advise this for elderly people or anyone with impaired vision or people with mobility problems. In these cases I would use night lights and never anything they could easily get entangled with. Maybe in this case putting them along the door trim would work though. Good idea!

October 10, 2007 Flag

I recently had my husband install white rope lights under my kitchen cabinets. The package actually came with hooks that could be attached to the underside of the cabinets with screws. The lights provide nice, soft, indirect lighting for the countertops.

October 16, 2011 Flag

I've seen campers use solar lights to light their site after dark, but if you have one with trees, they may not recharge properly. My husband and I use rope lights.

January 18, 2009 Flag

After the holidays, buy clear rope lighting on sale at 75% off! Rope lighting works great when attached under a bar, cabinet or bed in the home. It looks like the bottom of the bar, bed or cabinet is glowing!

October 19, 2007 Flag

Use rope lighting on top of your kitchen cabinets or on top of your dining room hutch. It's a very nice and subtle way to show off your creativity

Home and Garden Home Improvement Lighting and ElectricJune 3, 2012
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights