Using Vinegar for Shiny Hair

Want your hair to really shine? Put vinegar mixed with a little water in a spray bottle. After shampoo and conditioner, towel dry a bit, spray it on and comb through.

My hairdresser explained how acids lay the hair shaft down and therefore light reflects better. I don't know. All I know is, it works!

Source: Hair by Carl, DeBary, FL

By av8rs3 from Eustis, FL

Answers:

Using Vinegar For Shiny Hair

Vinegar, like lemon juice makes hair shiny by closing the hair's cuticle by changing the pH and helping to rinse out all other hair products.

But, don't use it because it can easily damage the hair, especially the ends with repeated use. All you need is several Tablespoons in a large glass of warm water. I use it at the end of my shower, after conditioner, then rinse it out. If you don't like smelling like a salad, lemon juice does the same thing. I buy the concentrated lemon juice in a bottle at the dollar store. Vinegar also helps with dandruff because it rinses out all of the shampoo that may be left on the scalp and changes the scalps pH.

I've always done it in the shower as a rinse, but I like your idea much better because it will damage your hair less because you'll use less. Yours is a great idea! I've never thought of using a spray bottle to apply it.

For dandruff: If you make a rinse of nettle tea and massage it into your scalp after washing and conditioning then rinse it out I guarantee the nettle tea will get rid of your dandruff. It works best after using the vinegar rinse on the scalp. You only need a TINY bit of vinegar in warm water. You can buy nettles in any health food store. If you pick your own and hang them upside down they won't poke you after drying for one at least day. (10/12/2009)

By Cyinda