Using Your Leftover Vegetables

I receive a lot of praise over my varied and really good "homemade" vegetable soup. The way I get the ingredients for my soup is after each meal, instead of putting my left over vegetables (even if it is only a tablespoon) in the refrigerator, I do this.

I pour most of the liquid out (only reserving a small amount) and then pour all into a plastic container that I keep in my freezer for this purpose. I use a large see through container so that I can see through at a glance what vegetable are stacking up but any would serve the purpose. This also helps me make sure that I'm not stuck in a rut of serving the same old vegetables too often.

When my container is full, I will thaw and put all into a crock pot to simmer on low. I normally don't have to add anything but maybe some tomatoes.

Source: Too cheap to throw out and not enough to serve another meal.

By Notwrong

Answers:

Using Your Leftover Vegetables

I do this, too. I add any leftover mashed potatoes which tends to thicken the soup a little. Also if I want some meat in there I will often just make meat balls, for the flavor. A pan of cornbread and we're all set for a meal that is almost free! (10/01/2009)

By grammy237

Using Leftover Vegetables, Freezing Green BeansPhoto of green beans with frost on them.
Using Leftover Vegetables
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds
Jar of pickled tomatoes.
How to Pickle Vegetables
Dried Carrots
Drying Vegetables
🎉
🎄