Utah Frugal Travel Information and Photos

Category Utah
When traveling it is nice to know what to expect and ways that you can save on expenses. This western state has many parks, national monuments, and recreational opportunities. This page contains Utah frugal travel information and photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
The morning after a rare desert rain brought lovely cool air with receding mist. Clouds brushed the mountain ranges just as the sun's pale, golden light started to warm away the chill and sweeten the air. My long ride up a mountain hill was well worth this view!

Photo Location
St. George, Utah

Comment Like this photo? 4

I think the appropriate term for this scene is 'awe inspiring'.

Thank you.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I really like to take photos of old log buildings, and wonder what stories they could tell. This is in Tropic, Utah, not far from Tropic Lake.

By Diane S.

abandoned building 2

Comment Like this photo? 18

I agree with BlackBess. All it needs is a little more snow and a "cabinectomy"...LOL

I think Ross must have loved the beautiful old weathered grey wood as much as we do. The world lost a lot when

Ross passed. He was my idol.

Thank you Diane for sharing your photos.

Pookarina

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I took this photo around sunset while we were hiking Dry Canyon in Utah. I love the colors. Unfortunately, as pretty as the picture turned out, it comes with a tragic story. My cousin, just 18, fell from the big dark cliff in the foreground and passed away. It's a bittersweet photo for me.

By Stacey

snow covered mountains

Comment Like this photo? 6

I can understand your feeling about the picture, beautiful as it is. So sorry for your loss.

Margaret from Denton, Texas

Reply Like this photo? Yes

mountain photo

This photo was taken outside my brother's front door in Orem, Utah. I love how it turned out; majestic snowy mountains in Spring. I love the clouds hovering above too.

Canyon in Dead Horse Point UT

These are pictures inside the Dead Horse Point State Park in Utah.

Our family enjoys being thrifty by taking a road trip each year when the kids are out of school. What a great way to see the country together! We have traveled from California to Alabama and to Yellow Stone in Utah.

Road Somewhere In Utah

This is a picture we took on our trip out west last year. I think we were in Utah when I took this photo out the window as we traveled on a road we had not intended to travel but the scenery was so beautiful.

Road Somewhere In Utah

Utah Lake

I just wanted to share this picture that I snapped at Utah Lake in February, I loved how it turned out! I love lake scenes!