Making a Washcloth Travel Toothbrush Holder
Using a washcloth and minimal sewing skills you can make this cute, practical toothbrush holder. This is a guide about making a washcloth travel toothbrush holder
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This simple toothbrush holder is perfect for taking on your next vacation. Simply fill it with toothpaste and toothbrushes, roll it up, and pack it in your luggage.
- 1 washcloth
- sewing machine
- tape measure
- 24 inches of ribbon
- lighter, optional
- Fold the bottom of the washcloth up 4 inches. Pin in place and sew along both sides. I recommend back stitching for added strength, then trim off excess thread.
- Place the toothpaste inside and pin next to it to create a pocket for it.
- Sew the pocket, securing with backstitching.
- Check fit the toothpaste and add a toothbrush. Place a pin to create a pocket. Remove the toothbrush and measure it so that you know how big each toothbrush pocket will be. Mine was 1 1/2 inches. Sew the pocket, with backstitching.
- Sew all of the other toothbrush pockets. I was able to make 4 (1 1/2 inch pockets) and the last part I split evenly, which made slightly smaller pockets, but I intend to use them for flossers.
- Cut a piece of ribbon, 24 inches long. Use a lighter to carefully melt the ends, to prevent fraying. Fold the ribbon in half and pin it just above the pockets. Sew it in place (see photo below).
- Fill the holder with toothpaste and brushes, roll it up, and secure it with the ribbon. Note: You can place the toothbrushes in bristle end down if you want, which would work well if they are slightly damp when you are packing them. Washing it after each trip will help cut down on germs too.
July 7, 20161 found this helpful
Take any washcloth to create a clever holder for your toothbrushes when traveling. Learn how to make it in this short video.