Making a Washcloth Gift Bag
This cute little gift bag starts with a colorful washcloth. This is a page about making a washcloth gift bag
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This easy to sew gift bag is perfect for a giving bathroom related items such as fancy soap, candles, potpourri, lotion, etc. It makes a great little travel bag for toiletry items too.
- sewing machine
- measuring tape
- lighter, optional
- decorative items (buttons, lace, etc.), optional
- Cut a piece of ribbon, 24 inches long. Use a lighter to carefully melt the ends, to prevent fraying. Fold the washcloth in half, pinning the long side together. As you are pinning, insert the folded piece of ribbon into the seam, as shown below. (The long ends of the ribbon will be on the inside, at this point.)
- Sew the pinned side. Backstitch at the start and end, for added strength. Trim off excess thread.
- Reposition the seam to the center of the bag and pin the bottom together. Sew along the pined side, with backstitching.
- Turn bag right side out and use the ribbon to close it at the top.
- Fill with small bottles of lotion, shampoo, and conditioner!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.