Washcloth Craft Ideas

Category Miscellaneous
Old or new washcloths can be the beginning of a fun craft project. This is a page about washcloth craft ideas.

Use pretty, colorful washcloths to make these useful and fun soap pouches. They are great for use in your home and to give as gifts. This is a page about making a washcloth soap pouch.

Making a Washcloth Soap Pouch

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

This cute little gift bag starts with a colorful washcloth. This is a page about making a washcloth gift bag.

Making a Washcloth Gift Bag

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

I love doing quilt squares. I wanted one in the kitchen. I took a washcloth and folded it 4 times. I then sewed my favorite fabric around the folded washrag, completely enclosing the cloth. I fringed the seams by cutting them every half inch or less, being careful not to cut the thread.

I put a bow and hanging loop on the dishcloth. I then put a cute square of cloth on the top to further decorate it. I adore it! I have decided to make lots of them for Christmas gifts this winter.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Does anyone have any craft ideas using washcloths?

Thanks

Answers

Best Answer

You can make "booboo bunnies" from them. All you do is fold the cloth until you have a 1-2 inch wide strip. Then fold it in half and wrap a rubber band or sew it together leaving enough room for a plastic easter egg to slip in.

Place a piece of ice in the egg, slip it in the hole, and you can make any boo boo better.

Best Answer

How about making you dog a blanket for his basket from your old but still good washcloths. the sticthing has got to be good to protect your dogs nails from getting caught. Reccomend a sewing machine and the blanket to fit just inside the basket.

2--Or you could enclose it with fill of other material and make a pet pillow. Make sure you can open the one side to either wash or refill with other material-again it should fit snudly in the basket.

3--Or how about a small bathroom rug for either near the tub or the sink. You could fold the cloths into different shapes to get your rug more weight texture and absorbency.

4---With all the different colors of washcloth I would guess it is possible to create a picture to be framed.
this could be done by differant fold blending differant colors

5---or even using the washcloths as a backdrop and instituting 3 dimensional art in front of it like dried flowers or 2 differant long handle bath scrub brushes crossed at the center with the box of your favorite bathsoap underneath.
6---Also you could make a scarf for the top of your toilet tank.
7---Or take an old Easter type basket make to size to cover both outside and inside with sewed washclothes then fill your basket with maybe pleasent smelling soaps.(Again for the Bathroom)

8---You could sew 2 washclothes together and make dust clothes which you could wash many times over.

9---You could make an inside throw toy out of 1 large and one small washcloth. first take the small one an roll it up into a ball very tightly wrap in plastic wrap .Then wrapping the bigger washcloth around an stitching it .
10---I also could imagine if you are quite skilled in sewing little washcloth stuffed animals probably any shape.
11---How about dyeing the washclothes and making uniformed coasters to fit onto the bottoms of the glasses as well as a place to for the hand to hold the glass. you will need some elastic ,but they should be able to be washed many times.

12---How about a double lined with a heavy plastic sewn inside zippered change purse. again you dye the cloth to suit.
13---Now what about taking one colored washclothes cross stitch or embroider then cut to size for small crosstitch frames.
14---last take onne dyed to suit washcloth the sew onto tip in the fanciest lettering any saying humorous or not that has to do with cleanliness frame it an hang it in your bathroom.
These are all good possibilities and I am sure you can come up with many more.
Well it is time for my bath
Now to find a washcloth
Fido can you lend me one
Happy Crafting
Mr. Thrifty

By hlmott (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Another alternative to the boo boo bunny is to placea plastic ice cube in one corner. Starting with that corner roll the washcloth into a tube. fold the tube in half (the ice cube will be in the fold). Place a rubber band on the washcloth just above the ice cube. Fold the tube in half again and take the rubber band over the fold to make the bunny face. Perk the ears up, add eyes, nose and wiskers. Keep the bunny in a ziplock bag in the freezer ready for any boo boo.

Crafts MiscellaneousJanuary 9, 2015
🎂
🎃
🌻