Making a Washcloth Soap Pouch
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
January 12, 2016
These neat little pouches help limit the mess of bar soap in the shower. Plus they are machine washable, making them more sanitary than a traditional loofa.
Yield: 2 pouches
- sewing machine
- measuring tape
- ribbon or cording, optional
- Cut a length of the washcloth, 5 inches wide. If you are going to make 2 pouches, make sure to cut the other half of the washcloth, so that it is also 5 inches wide.
- Fold the bottom up 3 3/4 inches, pinning in place. Note: My washcloth was 11 1/2 inches long. If your washcloth is 12 inches long, fold the bottom up 4 inches instead.
- Fold the top down 2 3/4 inches, pinning in place. Note: If your washcloth is 12 inches long, fold the top down 3 inches instead.
- Sew both pinned sides, backstitching at the start and end, for added strength.
- Turn the pouch right side out.
- Put the soap into the pouch and close it up.
Convert any terry washcloth into a clever pocket to hold a bar of soap. Learn how to make it in this short video.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.