Washcloth Soap Pouch
These neat little pouches help limit the mess of bar soap in the shower. Plus they are machine washable, making them more sanitary than a traditional loofa.
Yield: 2 pouches
- sewing machine
- measuring tape
- ribbon or cording, optional
- Cut a length of the washcloth, 5 inches wide. If you are going to make 2 pouches, make sure to cut the other half of the washcloth, so that it is also 5 inches wide.
- Fold the bottom up 3 3/4 inches, pinning in place. Note: My washcloth was 11 1/2 inches long. If your washcloth is 12 inches long, fold the bottom up 4 inches instead.
- Fold the top down 2 3/4 inches, pinning in place. Note: If your washcloth is 12 inches long, fold the top down 3 inches instead.
- Sew both pinned sides, backstitching at the start and end, for added strength.
- Turn the pouch right side out.
- Put the soap into the pouch and close it up.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!