Making a Soap "Purse"
These cute soap holders shaped like little purses make great gifts. This is a page about making a soap "purse".
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A holder for a bar of soap shaped like a little purse.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- 2 washcloths about 11 inches square
- 24 inch string of small craft beads
- 12 inches of narrow ribbon
- small artificial flower
- narrow ribbon and/or beads for decoration
- glue gun or needle and thread
- bar of soap
- Roll one washcloth from either side until the rolls meet in the middle.
- Place on second washcloth, and roll either side until they meet the rolls of first washcloth.
- Fold in half so rolls are on the outside of the purse.
- Tie tightly with narrow ribbon about one and one half inches from the top.
- Double the strand of craft beads and glue or stitch to either side of ribbon to make handles.
- Attach flower, beads and/or ribbon decorations to the front.
- Slip bar of soap into side of washcloth purse.
By Preserver from Manitoba
Read More Comments
- face cloths
- pipe cleaner
I made these decorative soap holders for my daughter's shower. Kind of resembles a purse.
- Start with two different colored face cloths. Place white in middle rolled in together.
- Then roll blue ones outside of the white ones and form a pocket for the white face cloths inside.
- Place a ribbon to hold the face cloths together The prettier and fancier, the better.
- Place a pipe cleaner inside around the middle and under the tops and that will look like a handle.
- Decorate, have fun and enjoy. The bar of soap will fit right inside the purse!
By Sally from West Seneca, NY
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.