Wearing Sneakers

man tying sneaker
Sneakers, by any name, are designed for a variety of activities. Wearing the proper shoe, that fits well, is important to its overall performance. This is a guide about wearing sneakers.

I can't believe that I never knew this until the salesperson at my shoestore told me when buying sneakers! I did always wonder why some sneakers had very long laces.

Those top holes on many pairs of sneakers are to make a 'lace lock' hoop with the laces.
Check out the photos. You need to make a loop at the top two holes, criss cross the laces then thread them into the loop and pull downward to tighten. Really holds the sneakers on so they don't shift around while walking/running, or for little kids so they don't lose their sneakers in the grocery store!
:D

Source: My local sneaker store

I like to exercise at home. Sometimes I go outside, and sometimes I work out indoors. For years, I had only one pair of workout sneakers. There was a terrific sale on sneakers after Christmas, so I decided to buy two pairs. One pair is only for inside, and the other is only for outside. I never realized how much dirt accumulates in the sneaker treads. The inside sneakers remain as clean as the day I bought them. I now make it a habit to remove the outside sneakers when I come inside. This has turned out to be a time saver in that I don't have to clean up the dirt I tracked in, and I saved money by waiting for a great sale.

Has anyone had any experience wearing performance sneakers? The kind that are supposed to tone your legs, etc. when you wear them. Did they work for you? I've been thinking of getting a pair, but don't know if it's just hype or not. I know regular exercise needs to be done, but it would be an extra bonus if they helped tone when I just wore them walking around. If you could please include the brand name of the sneakers you have, that would be good also. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thank you!

By metroplex from Houston, TX

I have read a couple reviews that stated all they do is strengthen the feet and ankles. That is all I know about them.

I tired a pair, I find them very uncomfortable to wear regularly, you really have to pick ur feet up high or they drag, and I have a bit of a limp, so dont work for me.

I have to agree with Carmen........I think you can use them if you go walking on a completely flat surface but they are clumsy feeling to me. I too, have a limp and they don't work so well for me either. If I had it to do over, I probably would not buy them again. I have heard other people say that they helped their lower back. If you wear them around the house, and you bend over to do something, the tendency is to want to just keep going forward! lol..........might not work that way for someone younger but for me, my balance is not super good.

I thought about buying a pair for awhile. Then Dr. Oz did a segment about exercise equipment, whether it was hype or really worked. One of the things was these shoes, which he admitted he wore himself. The expert rating this stuff said that it was complete hype, that they didn't do anything for you. So, I don't really know based on experience, but I'm not wasting my money to find out either!

I'm a waitress and on my feet 10-12 hours a day,and love these shoes. I don't know if they toned anything or not, but they sure help my feet, legs and lower back feel better. They do take some time to learn how to walk in them though