What is Eating My Dusty Millers?

I have about 6 dusty millers planted in my front flower bed, mixed with other plants, ranging from 3-6 inches apart. Recently we have been under flood warnings left and right. This morning I walked out, when it wasn't raining, and saw that all my dusty millers were down to the stems. Do you think that rabbits are eating them? How do I fix the problem?

By Amanda C.

I don't know what it could be eating your plants. I do know that I am thoroughly fed up with both squirrels and rabbits eating my flowers, and the squirrels digging the dirt out so they can eat the roots. Unfortunately where I live it is illegal to shoot pellet guns in town.

Buy a product called liquid fence and spray this on your plants. It will keep rabbits and deer from eating your plants. Follow the directions on the container. It is available from most garden centers, Ace hardware and other stores.

Sounds like snails to me.

Dusty Miller
Growing Dusty Miller (Senecio cineraria)
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersMay 26, 2011
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
A photo of an old, gold trophy.
Recycling Old Trophies
Couple being served a Salad
Eating Healthy While Eating Out
Firgurine of a woman in a red dress.
Dusting Fragile Figurines