Where to Find Children's Suspenders

Does anyone know where I can find a pair of children's suspenders? My 4 year old daughter's pants keep drooping all the time, and clothes pins don't seem to help. If there's no such thing as children's suspenders, does anyone have any ideas on what I could use to keep her pants up? Thanks for any suggestions!

Aeowyn from Cincinnati

Answers:

Where to Find Children's Suspenders

When my son was younger I ended up making some as it was easier than finding them in a store. I went to the fabric store and bought the metal hardware pieces, then purchased elastic that was the proper width for those and just had to stitch in a few spots to hold them together.

(06/29/2008)

By androidmonkey

Where to Find Children's Suspenders

I would think it would be easy to make them, by purchasing the clips you could do a y shape one with the clip for the back in the center. Then the elastic would go up the back and split off into 2, which come across the front using 2 clips, there for a total of three clips needed. To connect the elastic to the clips use d-rings, sold in Walmart in the fabric section. They come in silver or gold color and come in sets of 4 for less than $1.00. Just match those to the width of your elastic. Sometimes you can find elastic in different colors.

You could even make fabric covers to go over the plain white elastic by making a casing the same width. Then slide it over the elastic as you are making them, before sewing the elastic ends shut and give the fabric a scrunchy look. That way for a girl you can use fabrics they like to match her shorts, pants, or skirts to hold them up, with like Dora fabric or polka dots, etc.
Check the internet for companies that sell children's suspenders. You might try e-bay, too.

(06/29/2008)

By theseamstress

Where to Find Children's Suspenders

On another note, you may want to keep your eye out for "adjustable waist" pants. They have an elastic band sewn into the waist band that you can adjust with buttons. This is the best thing I have found for my tall, thin daughter. The most common brands are Old Navy, Circo (Target brand), and Baby Gap. I have been able to get some on clearance at Target for $3-4.

(06/29/2008)

By Spazbat

Where to Find Children's Suspenders

Gymboree has adjustable waist pants. (06/29/2008)

By MartyD

Where to Find Children's Suspenders
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
Suspenders
Other Uses for Suspenders
Making a Chore Chart for Children
Making a Chore Chart for Children
A toddler wearing jeans and a sweater.
Keeping a Toddler's Pants Up
🎄