Wildlife: Woodpecker

I had just put out some fresh suet that I made in the morning, and these two woodpeckers kept vying for a spot on the feeder. This is not your typical suet feeder, but I like to use it because the squirrels can't get into it. I just cut smaller pieces and smash it down and they can't get enough! The second photo is a male red-bellied woodpecker.

By Robbie

Wildlife: Woodpecker

Wildlife: Woodpecker

Answers:

Wildlife: Woodpecker

Great pic! Love the feeder. I have had to buy the "hot" suet to keep the squirrels away now, I'll get one of this kind of feeder so I can get any kind. Thanks for sharing. (12/17/2010)

By simplify

Wildlife: Woodpecker

That is awesome. I have never seen a woodpecker up close before. Occasionally I will hear one, but not very often. (12/17/2010)

By Beth

Wildlife: Woodpecker

Great photo! I have never seen a feeder like that but would love to have one. Where did you find it? (12/17/2010)

By downy1959

Woodpecker on swing birdfeeder.
Wildlife: Woodpecker
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Raccoon looking for goodies in a waste bin
Protecting Wildlife from Your Garbage
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
🎉
🎄