Wrapping Awkward Items

Wrap awkwardly shaped items in soft, flexible materials, like scarves, decorative towels, or lace, rather than struggling with creasing wrapping paper.

By Terri H.

Answers:

Wrapping Awkward Items

I use multiple layers of tissue paper, so it is opaque.

I put the present in the center of the paper. Then I pull all the paper up around it, holding it tight in the center above the gift. If I need to, I will twist the paper at the top, and tie it with a ribbon at the neck, just below my hand. If the bottom of the present isn't flat, just add a cardboard bottom with tape before you wrap it.

This is how baskets are wrapped, is it not? That's where I got the idea. It works for anything that is not alive. (12/17/2005)

By the Oracle