Homemade Spring Decorations
Spring decorations can bring the beauty of nature indoors. This is a guide about homemade spring decorations
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I always hate to throw out all those pretty cups of colors after we color our Easter eggs. So this year I decided to dilute them a bit and put them in pretty glasses on my window sill to decorate the house a bit for the holidays!
I added a few little plants from my spider and spearmint plants. In another window I just put the water into jelly jars with lids. They are my light catchers and add a touch of cheer to spring!
April 5, 20150 found this helpful
Very cool idea!
Here I painted a pot black and yellow and filled it with flowers using coffee filters.
Approximate Time: 2 hours
- clay pot
- yellow, green, and black acyrilic paint
- coffee filters
- food coloring: red, blue, yellow
- paint brush
- pictures of bumble bees
- floral organizer
- wire for stems or stems from old flowers
- floral tape
- Paint your clay pot yellow.
- When dry paint black stripes onto your pot. This makes the pot have a cute bubble bee look.
Coffee Filter Flower
- Fold seven coffee filters in half, then fold in half again.
- Fold two coffee filters into thirds on each side.
- Fold the other 5 in half again.
- Take your 5 filters and cut into a petal shape. It will look like a heart shape cut along the fold you will then have two hearts each 2 layers.
- Then cut the other two folded into thirds into a petal shape. These will look like three petals when opened.
- Fold the bottom 3 quarters of an inch, and then fold again, do both.
- Take your wire and bend into a hook at the top,and put it through the one petal center you folded into thirds and fold your hook tightly closed.
- Place glue on your hook to hold it onto your flower.
- Then fold flower at one side to middle and fold the other side to the middle glue as they meet in the center.
- Take the other filter you folded into thirds and put a pleat in the middle apply glue at bottom of your flower.
- Keep all flowers even as you wrap around your wire glue on the next one. Fold 4 of your coffee filters at the bottom about 1 inch. It should look like a triangle at the bottom.
- Put glue across the bottom and roll around your flower not to tightly, and pinch at the bottom to hold onto your stem.
- Roll next three around your flower the same way. Fold rest of your petals up 1/2 inch. They should look like a triangle at the bottom, glue it onto your flower do the rest the same way. Then your flower is done.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Wrap your wire with floral tape.
- Paint a coffee filter green, let dry.
- Then cut out an oval shape for leaves.
- Fold in half and in half again
- Cut the top of each side into a leaf shape
- Cut the tip off the bottom to open the center.
- Then unfold and slide up the bottom of your stem and glue to flower.
Coloring the Flowers
- Mix blue food coloring into a cup and open the middle of your flower and paint food coloring in there and into the rest of your layers you only need a little bit it will spread.
- Do the same with red, and yellow food coloring.
Put your floral organizer in your pot and arrange your flowers. To cover your organizer I painted coffee filters with red food coloring to put in the pot around the flowers. The last step is to glue bees around your pot.
By Coville123 from Brockville, Ontario
Read More Comments
March 16, 20120 found this helpful
Here are some of mine. When we find a pencil that won't sharpen right, we use them for these little flowers!
Yours are so beautiful! They look like roses...mine look like carnations!
We needed some cute vases for a baby shower, but funds were running low. so, I bought some Monetta Luxury cream wafer cookies, $1.00 a can at The Dollar tree. I removed the cookies and served them at the baby shower.Read More...
Just glue on the things you have then tie ribbon around and hang as a decoration. Just use your imagination.Read More...
This is a guide about decorating straw hats. Straw hats, large and small, are fun to decorate as an activity at parties or to hang on the wall.Read More...
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 14, 2017 at 7:26:57 PM on 10.0.1.229 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us