Fall Centerpiece Ideas

I have just been called upon to make centerpieces for a up and coming church banquet. I need to make fifteen centerpieces and they have to all be under five dollars each! We are going with a fall motif.

I have looked all over the internet craft sites and my magazines at home for ideas. The problem is that nothing is cheap enough. I was hoping my thrifty friends could help me come up with some inexpensive ideas. Have a great day!

Kim

For thrifty fall centerpieces I have gone to the grocery store and purchased small pumpkins and/or gourds and placed them in the center of the table with some colorful leaves. If the trees have already changed in your area, you can go outside and pick up a variety of leaves in different colors and then place them in the center of the table in a circle and place the small pumpkins on top, leaving the leaves sticking out. These are colorful and you can usually get the mini pumpkins for under a dollar. IF the leaves have not changed color yet, then you can go to a craft store and purchase a package of fall leaves and then cut them into smaller pieces to use under your pumpkins.

Amy - Charlotte, NC

If there's a dollar store in your area, pick up candles...in any "harvest" color, as well as stems of fall leaves. Then go to a farmer market or a good grocery store and buy 15 decorative small pumpkins. Dig holes in the pumpkins, insert candles...make a circular arrangement with the silk "fall leaves," bending some upward in a nice pattern. There you have colorful table centerpieces at very little cost!

Janet Hounsell

I have used this as a nursing home craft project that were later used for table decorations in their lunch room.

Old Reader's Digest hardcover books are in abundance; yard sales, thrift stores and free. Take two pieces of ribbon and wrap around the book and glue, then glue a piece of styrofoam on top for a base. Tip: If you use white foam, give it a light coat of brown spray paint.

Use any type of fall items you may have, items from nature like pinecones, acorns, etc., can even use your computer to generate objects on cardstock and cut then out, add a long pick that can be inserted in the styrofoam, fall silk flowers, leaves, etc. You get the idea, let your imagination run wild!

Take a piece of masking tape and write "winner" and tape to the bottom of one chair at each table. At the end of the evening there will be a winner at each table ... nothing like recycling!

Ms. Syd Barr - Dunkirk, MD

This is a really cute idea. Buy dryer venting hose (about three dollars for nine feet) and paint it with orange acrylic paint. Cut the hose into three equal portions. Bring it around and staple the ends together. Add a piece of brown paper bag for the stem and a couple of silk, fall-colored leaves near the stem. You will have three darling pumpkins for about three dollars each.

Another idea is to spray pumpkins gold and tie a pretty ribbon and silk flower at the stem. Good luck.

Gloria

I need ideas for my sons First Communion centerpieces. Anyone?

For a fun and creative fall solution, I made wishing willows for my center pieces. I took a terra cotta pot, any color and placed floral foam or any type of styrofoam in it. Then I took a small branch or twig from my trees in the backyard, and stuck it into the foam. I placed moss around the top of the foam and placed decorative leaf notecards on the branch. The purpose of the cards are for the guest to write down their thoughts for the couple, advice or for a birthday party, warm wishes. It was a guest sign-in project and fun center piece all in one. And it cost less than $5.00.

For a Fall accent centerpiece, you can use real leaves, acorns, and a votive candle for each table. Try to get some different color of leaves, You can buy votives, fake leaves & candle holders very cheap at the Dollar Tree too. this would be pretty and cheap too.

Autumn leaves, pumpkin, apple, and other elements of a fall centerpiece.
Fall Centerpiece Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties CenterpiecesOctober 6, 2000
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Table Centerpiece
Table Centerpiece Ideas
Valentine's Day Centerpiece
Valentine's Day Centerpiece Ideas
Glowing fish lantern centerpiece.
Making a Fishing Theme Centerpiece
🎉
🎄