Table Centerpiece Ideas

Category Centerpieces
A popular decorating element for banquets, parties, and other occasions is the centerpiece. This is a guide about table centerpiece ideas.

Decorate with gumballs and it will be a hit. I filled the base of the vase with gumballs and then added the rest of the florals and feathers. Fun, fun for any event.

By Ruthie

I started buying those reasonably priced small potted herbs that are sold in most grocery store produce departments year round (2 for $4) and thought they would make a great table centerpiece at home and for a bridal or new home shower or even for a natural style wedding!

Simply repot the herbs (I put mint and rosemary together and even added some thyme seeds- see photo!) into whatever style pot you want to use-they can be simple or color coordinated for your event.

Guests can take home a beautiful and desirable 'centerpiece' and have a living reminder of the event and so useful too!

We can use ours everday. We snip and add mint to our drinks and chives or other herbs (a snip of chives or a leaf of basil to our salads or sandwich, etc) right to our meals at the dinner table!

You may add little wooden stakes with the herb's names and I even added a pair of scissors to snip off pieces, just to fancy it up. So much nicer then some of the centerpieces I have seen left at events because they were so unwanted.

As an added bonus, the mint is even a "natural" room freshener that releases a lovely natural and relaxing scent in the room too, especially when the leaves are gently rubbed!

Total Time: Just the time it takes to pot a plant or two! 2 minutes?

Stuffed animals make a fun centerpiece for any party, when you follow a few simple guidelines.

First, be sure to match the animals to the theme. For example, in this photo, we were decorating for a December birthday, so we used Christmas animals. You could use bunnies and ducks for a spring shower, or dogs for a young boy's birthday.

Second, use only the very cleanest stuffed critters. No one wants to eat appetizers next to a grimy dog.

Third, add some simple props to tie it all together. In the photo, we used a large Christmas gift bag, with a small duck peeking out over the top. Baskets and paper-covered boxes work well, too.

Celebrating with your animal friends has one definite advantage. When you overindulge on chips and dip, you won't be the only "stuffed" party guest!

By zballoongirl

This is a guide about making a vinyl record table centerpiece. For a music or nostalgic themed party this might be the perfect centerpiece.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about birthday party centerpiece ideas. A creative centerpiece can help complete the theme for that birthday party you are planning.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Make this quick centerpiece for a special Valentine's dinner. This centerpiece can also be adjusted for a wedding or any other event. Just change the colors of the flowers, or add some additional trimmings.

Please help me with centerpiece ideas for my father in-law's 85th birthday. The colors I am using are teal, brown, ivory, and gold. I will have balloon clusters hanging from the ceiling with gold star balloons in between the clusters. I don't really want balloons for centerpieces. We are having a casual buffet. I would appreciate your ideas.
Thank you.

By Charlotte from Boise, ID

Answers

Best Answer

You could buy some teal paper gift bags, put some gold tissue paper inside and add some large silk flowers in ivory. I would add weights of some kind to the bags so they don't easily tip over.

Best Answer

What are his special interests? Is he still active at a hobby? You could decorate the tables with new garden tools (tied up with bows), sports equipment, art supplies, etc. That way people will know what to get for him, and he'll get to enjoy them afterwards.

Best Answer

If there are photos available from throughout his life reproduce these and use a wire photo holder (weight of some type at the bottom with several wires sticking up. Top of each wire is like a paper clip and will hold a photo.) and place one in the center of each table.

I need ideas on how to make a table centerpiece using balloons without helium. What can I use to make them stand and to keep them weighed down? Please help.

By Betty from KY

Answers

The dollar stores here (the kind where everything is a dollar) have packages of "balloon sticks." Okay, I don't know what they're really called, but they are plastic sticks with tops that hook to plain balloons. They are in packages of 10-12, I think. They're colorful, and you can cut them to vary the height. I have had some for years, and they last well. I use them in the yard when my kids have birthdays. A couple dozen balloons on sticks looks really festive! Hope this helps. It's inexpensive, colorful, and easy to arrange in bunches or alone. When I have done table arrangements, I've used mason jars or pretty vases to hold the sticks. If you fill the jars with tissue paper or another filler, it's actually quite attractive. Good luck!

Along that same line using the balloon sticks, you could put sand in the bottom of Mason jars and place the sticks down into that and then pull tissue paper up around the outside of the jar, gathering at the neck with curling ribbon or wired ribbon.

Easter grass is also great to put in Mason jars. Let some of the "grass" spill over the top of the jar.

I have agreed to help a friend give a going away party for missionaries departing for Guatemala in April. Does anyone have any ideas for an inexpensive table centerpiece? I thought about creating Guatemalan flags by printing the flags onto card stock and gluing them to wooden skewers. I just can't decide how to best display them. Any ideas or suggestions for a centerpiece would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks!

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

Answers

Artistically arrange pineapples, bananas and other fruits which grow in Guatemala and stick the flags in them or just tape them on. Another idea might be a Carmen Miranda type hat with fruit and flags on it. Good luck!

You could hang special items on ribbons from a "potted tree branch" that the missionaries could use, for example: snack foods for their trip, cds, special soaps, money, etc. These items could be donated by the guests. Maybe the flag could go on top of the tree.

I need ideas on table decorations for a hospital chaplain's banquet with the theme "Hearts in Tune".

Pam from WI

Answers

Pam, I don't know how long before you need these decorations or for how many tables. I know there are sites online that you can order heart shaped balloons and also have messages printed on the balloon ("Hearts in Tune" with musical notes???). You could put the balloons on a balloon stick (or even a weighted ribbon, I suppose) and then put the balloon in a clear container (vase, small pitcher, etc). Then you put something in the container to cover the bottom part of the stick...helps it stand up, too. One wedding I went to used peanuts (which are also healthy). You could also use marbles or sand (colored or regular). This is just what I thought of when I first read your post. I thought you'd have lots of ideas submitted by now by creative readers, so I thought I should at least submit the idea. God bless...hope you find the right decoration :)

I would use red table cloths with flower pots of vase's coverd in music sheets from music books which can be gotten cheap at thrift stores and maybe you can find some old stuff at music store's. the stick in a square of floral foam. Then put in paper hearts attached to wire. Use diffrent colored hearts for this decoration and place this flower pot on a old record with sponged on red hearts. Hope this helps you out.

I recently decided to take on a decoration project for my sister's anniversary. As I was browsing the internet I found this beautiful table balloon centerpiece, but I have no idea on how to begin. It doesn't look difficult and if I can get a starting point I'm sure I can do it. I have attached a picture. Please help! Thanks.

By Zenobia from NYC

Answers

You would need something to weight the balloon down. Look around your house and maybe you can find something to cover in a nice paper or fabric. I think a block of wood might do. Then it looks like the blue balls are Christmas ornaments and the white artificial flowers. Start making a bow out of ribbon that has a wire edge and add the flowers. Tie it all together and then with a glue gun, add the bow, flowers and ornaments. It looks relatively easy.

I am looking for table centerpiece ideas for "Back To School" orientation. Any ideas?

By Renee from Grand Rapids, MI

Answers

I don't know if you have to do only one centerpiece or more than one. In any case, I would fill a basket with inexpensive school supplies (or maybe apples or teacher snacks) that are easy to find this time of the year. You could have attendees write their names on slips of paper as they come in, and choose one slip at the end to win the basket.

Hi Everyone, I need some ideas on making a centerpiece for a table. The theme I need to use is one with carpentry tools. Does anyone have any ideas. This is a table for a construction company, that is hosting a table at a local event. The event will be held at night and outdoors under a tent. Thanks.

Candy

Answers

Maybe this would be to kiddish but you can buy toy tools; hammers, screwdrivers, etc, at the dollor store or Wal-Mart and somehow intergrate them intot he center piece. Or if you want it to be a bit more mature you could borrow some tools from someone, maybe some antique tools would look nice.

Our Boy Scout lodge is Karankawa Lodge 307 and we are celebrating our 70th anniversary; we are rich in tradition. This will be the first time having a big celebration and we need help with decorations most importantly center pieces. Out troop is known as the Order of the Arrow. We are going with a red and white theme. If you can help that will be great!

By AJ V.