Moth Infestation

It seems that overnight our kitchen has been infested with bugs! Most of them are potato bugs and little tiny tan colored moths. They fly around everywhere and leave their egg sacks and larvae in all our crevices! How can we get rid of them?

I, too, have had those little moths and they are a pain. I've had to throw away so much food over the last year, especially wheat products. I talked to the manager at my grocery store and he suggested I try wiping down my cupboards with vinegar. It didn't seem to work for me, but you might want to give it a try. Please let me know if you get any responses. Thanks and blessings on you.

Here's a good answer to this question from a government website. Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center:

I brought those moths home in some grain from my health food store. I thought they were clothes moths and sprayed and bought so much cedar and nothing worked. Then I called my state's cooperative exchange college and found out that they are food moths. They recommended a spray with pyrethrum(don't know if the spelling is correct, but it is a derivitive from the crysanthyum flower). I had to remove everything from the pantry and seal it tight and wipe it down but I got rid of the monsters. I also sprayed inside the bindings of all of my books in the library because they liked the glue. What a job!

Buy Pantry Pest -- You get two in a box. Place in your cupboard or pantry. It is a lure for the males -- they are attracted to the scent. The moths stick to it and die, thus controlling their mating with female moths. Keep buying new ones every few months to keep the situation under control. It takes a while to get rid of these critters because they lay their eggs all over!

Getting Rid of a Moth Infestation
Home and Garden Pest Control MothsSeptember 22, 2000
Bug Sprayed on Wood Table
Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table
Ladybug on a blade of grass
Lady Bug Photos and Information
lady bug cupcakes
Bug Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Wasp on Vespiary
Getting Rid of Wasps