Soap Making Information

I'm very new to soap making, but I have an interest. I bought a book today that was full of information that scared the crap out of me. It talked a lot about 50 gallon drums of some concoction or other.

Is there an easy (cheap) way for a beginner to learn? Can I buy a kit from Hobby Lobby? I'm not looking to start a business I just want another new hobby that can be put to use. I want to make healthy soap, not some junk soap. Know what I mean? Any help would be awesome.

By Megan

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I just happen to be picking up soap making supplies today from an all natural store which is going out of business. I am splitting some of the equipment and supplies with a friend. I think you can buy some of the supplies in smaller quantities online. I have made soap before and it is an easy process. Good luck.

You can buy soap and supplies online or go to Jo-Ann Fabrics, Michael's, or Hobby Lobby. Check your local thrift store too!! I started out with a soap making kit I bought online, then liked it so much I started selling at my local Farmer's Market. You get hooked! You can make lye soap too but it's more complicated. The melt & pour soaps I make are good soaps.

Go to: Soapqueen.com She has videos to you can watch. They are very easy to follow.

June 26, 2010 Flag

I would love to make the wonderful-smelling home-made soaps found in the health food stores! Can anyone help me with the process?

Diana from Mars Hill, NC

Answers:

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts Soap Making How ToJune 26, 2010
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 9:47:16 AM on 10.0.1.73 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.