How ToSoap Making

Soap Making Information

I'm very new to soap making, but I have an interest. I bought a book today that was full of information that scared the crap out of me. It talked a lot about 50 gallon drums of some concoction or other.

Is there an easy (cheap) way for a beginner to learn? Can I buy a kit from Hobby Lobby? I'm not looking to start a business I just want another new hobby that can be put to use. I want to make healthy soap, not some junk soap. Know what I mean? Any help would be awesome.

By Megan

I just happen to be picking up soap making supplies today from an all natural store which is going out of business. I am splitting some of the equipment and supplies with a friend. I think you can buy some of the supplies in smaller quantities online. I have made soap before and it is an easy process. Good luck.

You can buy soap and supplies online or go to Jo-Ann Fabrics, Michael's, or Hobby Lobby. Check your local thrift store too!! I started out with a soap making kit I bought online, then liked it so much I started selling at my local Farmer's Market. You get hooked! You can make lye soap too but it's more complicated. The melt & pour soaps I make are good soaps.

Go to: Soapqueen.com She has videos to you can watch. They are very easy to follow.

I would love to make the wonderful-smelling home-made soaps found in the health food stores! Can anyone help me with the process?

Diana from Mars Hill, NC

Answers: