Browsing: Freezing Lemon and Lime Juice

Saving Lemons Before They Go Bad

If you bought lemons in bulk and they are close to going "bad", squeeze all the juice into a bowl, remove all seeds, and pour into empty ice cube trays. Freeze and voila, when you need fresh lemon juice take the tray out and pop a cube. Let it melt and you've got fresh lemon juice! They're very refreshing in a glass of ice water.

By Lynn

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

This works great to make a lemon coke or add lemon to tea! I have also read that milk can be frozen in the same way before it goes sour.

All you really have to do is put them in the freezer the way they are. Thaw them 30 or 40 seconds in the microwave when you want one. I slice a chunk off to put in a smoothy and put the rest of the lemon back in the freezer.

You can also freeze the zest of the lemons (or limes or oranges) for flavoring drinks or cooking.

Thanks for a GREAT use for my old popcycle trays, with missing handles, which I cannot use. The kids love lemonade! I might even place them in the Snowcone maker cups I have and freeze for Lemon Ice Snow! God bless you.

juicing a lemon
Freezing Lemon and Lime Juice
Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesJanuary 10, 2001
Grapfruit wedge with grapefruits in the background.
Storing Grapefruit
Meyers lemons in canning jars.
Canning Lemons
Lemons growing on a tree.
Growing Lemons
A bunch of cherries still on the tree.
Using Up Your Cherry Harvest
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 3:00:59 PM on 10.0.1.233 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.