Browsing: Gluten Free Bread Recipes

Yeast, Wheat and Gluten Free and Cicharone Bread

Does anyone have a recipe for making yeast free, dairy free, corn, wheat and gluten free bread, muffins and other goodies? Would be so grateful as bread that is wheat and gluten free sold in health food stores are so costly. Simple ones if possible.

Another recipe I have been searching for without success is chicharone-bread. made with small chunks of pork rinds? Tried it in Chile, SA--YUMMY. Thanks,

- J. chile_rican

Answer:

You have a difficult problem. As far as goodies, you will probably have better luck but finding something without any of those ingredients finding a recipe for bread is difficult. Below are some links that may help in your search.

And there is a link for a bread Arica made with chicharron. The first recipe is for the bread, the second for the bread with the pork rinds and cheese.

Hope this helps,
- Susan

Yeast Free Bread

Yeast Free Bread

http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/data/924704616.shtml

Arica Bread - Chicharron

Arica Bread - Chicharron

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Editor's Note: All the recipes were posted with the original post so all of these links could show up.

Someone wanted dairy-free. I am allergic to cow milk, but I can replace it with goat milk in baking. Goat milk has a slightly nutty taste, rather nice in most baked goods. Wal-mart carries canned goat milk, right next to the condensed (cow) milk. If you need more information about using goat milk, there is a web site, listed on the cans of goat milk.

- Rose

Check out http://www.fooddownunder.com I was just there getting some great recipes for the exact same reason. They have a good yeast free-gluten free white bread that you can substitue the buttermilk for soy/rice mike and add extra fat (what ever kind you can tolerate) They also have goodies i.e muffins, pancakes etc.

contributed by Carol Fenster, Ph.D.

1 cup Brown Rice Flour

2/3 cup Potato Starch

1/3 cup Tapioca Flour

1 tsp Sugar

2 tsp Xanthan Gum

3/4 tsp Butter Buds

1/2 tsp Unflavored Gelatin Powder

1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar

1/2 tsp Baking Soda

1 Large Egg, lightly beaten

1-1/3 cups Nonfat Plain Yogurt

2 Tb Canola Oil

Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat two 5" x 2-1/2" nonstick pans (or 8" x 4" nonstick pan) with cooking spray. This bread can also be baked in a 7" round casserole, but it slices better for sandwiches in the rectangular bread pans.

Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix well. With electric mixer on low, add remaining ingredients and blend on medium speed for 2 minutes.

Spoon into prepared pans, smooth tops with wet spatula (if necessary), and bake small pans for 45-50 minutes, large pan for 50-55 minutes or until top is deeply browned and loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Dont underbake. Cool on wire rack. Slice with serrated knife or electric knife when bread reaches room temperature.

Yield: 2 small loaves or 1 large loaf

*Dairy Alternative: 1 cup milk (rice , soy, or nut) in place of 1-1/3 cups yogurt.

""

I'd love to cook this recipe but I am allergic to rice and cow's milk products. Do you have a substitue for these? I am so desperate for a sandwich!!!!!

Hi, try the Yahoo Search engine - there are lots of receipes for this - search on "making unleavened bread". It is usually used for Jewish festivals and passover etc, but is quite palletable and you can make it more exciting by topping with cheese and adding a few sunflower seeds etc.

http://www.celiac.com/categories/Gluten%252dFree-Recipes/

celiac.com has numerous recipes for quick breads, muffins, etc. which means they are yeast free and wheat and gluten free. Using soy milk as a substitute for milk, they then are also cow milk free.

I keep a large bag of GF flour to use for baking cookies, muffins, pancakes etc.

Betty Hagman's books The Gluten-Free Gourmet and More From the Gluten-Free Gourmet have some good recipes in them. I use her proportions for flour:

6 cups Rice Flour

2 cups Potato Starch Flour (I use garbonzo bean flour instead and it works really well. It is about 1/3 of the cost of Potato Starch Flour.)

1 cup Tapioca Flour

These three are mixed and then can be used as needed in GF recipes requiring GF flour. I store mine in the refrigerator in a large plastic container. I also can use this flour in the family regular waffle, pancake, and muffins recipes. Any recipe that has a few eggs usually can be made with GF flour. Addition of Xanthan gum (about 1/2 tsp per cup) also helps hold the breads and muffins together. Additon of unfavored gelatin is suppose to help make them stay more moist. In the cornbread recipe I usually use maza (corn flour), but GF flour works well too. Betty Hagman even has a decent pizza crust recipe that my husband even says is great:)

Hope this helps everyone with wheat and gluten problems.

Harriet

Gen's Guiltless Gourmet is an online site and a TV show in California. If you want something made gluten free, she'll experiment until she gets it right then post it and do a show about it. Check it out!

Gluten Free Banana Bread
Gluten Free Bread Recipes
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Shortbread cookies.
Gluten Free Shortbread Recipes
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 20, 2016 at 5:26:00 AM on 10.0.0.39 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.