Browsing: Using Luggage As Storage

How to Use Discarded Suitcases?

How do you use old trunks and suitcases?
- Janet

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

You can stack the various sizes; belt them together and use as a side table or foot stool. You can refinish to match your decor or leave them natural the way they came. As for trunks, I refinished my grandmother's old steamer trunk and use it at the end of my bed for storage.

I look for them at yard sales "for a song." As long as their insides are relatively clean and they close and open satisfactorily, I snap them up.

What for? Wonderful storage containers! Christmas decorations, out-of-season clothing, old school mementoes ... whatever, can be stored in suitcases, which then stack or line up in basement attic or wherever. Slap on a strip of masking tape on which you can identify the contents. They're easy to carry from place to place too! In any room featuring

country or shabby chic decor, stack some as a night table to hold your book and reading lamp. Too shabby looking for your taste? Decoupage the outsides with wrapping paper, magazine cut-outs or whatever.....or simply paint them with leftover vary colored latex paints!

- Janet Hounsell

Someone bought one of my old hard walled suitcases and its matching carry-on case with a mirror inside the lid for their daughter to use for her barbie dolls and all the clothes. Wonderful idea! (only my daughter is already 19 and out of barbie dolls!)

Empty Suitcase
Using Luggage As Storage
Old Dresser
Recycling an Old Dresser
Belt on White Background
Craft Uses For Belts
An old suitcase sitting open.
Removing Odors From a Suitcase
storing luggage
Storing Suitcases
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 28, 2016 at 5:08:12 PM on 10.0.0.41 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.