BedroomDecorating

Painting a Room Lime and Blue

I'm painting my room blue and lime but i don't know what to do with the paint. I don't know if I should do stripes or something else. I need help, i am painting it today and I want to paint it a way I will love. I am 12 and I need help deciding this!

Lauren from il

I'd try for some big broad curves moving approximately horizontally, maybe higher on one side than the other. Let them flow around the corners. Bottom green and top blue would mimic a landscape. But, I'd go for the darker color on the bottom; so I'd say if your blue is much darker than the green, put the blue on the bottom.

Strips or polka dots and stuff like that will look dated. But maybe you're going for the retro look.

Don't get complicated or it'll look too busy and distracting.

Paint the door and window trim white for a nice contrast.

I wouldn't make it too complicated. Try painting the bottom half of the wall one colour and the top half another. Then you can make the line where the colours meet interesting by either stamping shapes in both colours or adding pictures, etc.

My niece used lime green and purple in her room. Her mom painted two walls lime green and two purple...like one purple, one lime, one purple, one lime...and do white on trim and door.

Good luck, send in a pic when ur done!

Please visit my post here:

http://www.thri  f170400.tip.html

I used Lime green for my daughters room, you may get an idea how it looks on the walls and then picture blue stripes on it. Good Luck!

You could try what my niece did. She painted her room one color. Then used the other color to make circular swirls randomly on the walls. I would suggest the lighter color as the base on the walls, then the darker color as the swirls. My niece thinks it's really cool -- She's 14.

I thought about painting my son's room with the same colors. However, i'm thinking of doing his where the bottom half of the room is a dark blue, the topy half his a little bit lighter blue and then a big great thick stripe all the way around the middle of the room. Then i was going to go back and paint different things in the blue parts using the green paint...some cool swirls or something.

Im doind the same colors, and I am doing lime green for the base color, and then blue squares of all different sizes and widths and shades of blue.

Hey, i painted my room lime green 3 years ago and I am tired of JUST green so i was wondering if anyone has any pictures of green walls and some other color design?

I am 13...I'm painting my room a dark blue (but not like UK blue. like a dark sky blue and then lime green as the second color. Make the trim of the windows and the door lime green and some lime green swirls and a lime green boarder. and the walls that blue! I think it would look totally cute!

Here's an idea. Paint three of the walls a dark blue and leave one of the walls with the lime green. Or, you could paint two walls blue and two walls green. I have three walls in blue and one of the walls in lime green.