Child and Dog Are Very Attached

It is hard to separate my dog and my 3 year old. The 3 year old doesn't want to go out without the dog. What can I do?

By jesshultum from Pocklington, Barmby Moor

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

When I was young my dog went everywhere with me. I'm sure it's hard for any very small child to understand why the dog can't go certain places.Try a short walk with your child then right back to the house and dog then next trip a bit longer.Your child will learn that the dog will still be there.

Good luck. As a dog lover, mine went almost everywhere I went.

Actually I would take the dog as much as I could. Since there are some places the dog can't go your child is almost old enough to understand that. I would do nothing to discourage that wonderful relationship.

Parenting General Parenting AdviceJuly 21, 2011
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
Crochet
Making a Crocheted Bodice for a Dress
Husband and Wife holding a baby
Adopting a Child
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:28:48 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.