Ideas for Reusing Spice Bottles

Does anyone have any ideas for reusing glass spice jars? Thank you.

By Sheilah

You can refill them with spices bought in the bulk section.

Or make your own spice blends by mixing from your other pumpkin pie blend or taco blend or even a cinnamon/sugar blend for toast.

You can etch the bottles: ... ject-custom-etched-glass-jars-080183

Or google 'free printable spice labels' and print out new labels.

Put sugar or cocoa powder or flour in for sprinkling on foods or to flour the cutting board when rolling dough etc.

Keep Parmesan cheese in for a smaller table version.

Use as a small bud vase or flower vase.

Use for any kind of small storage like bobby pins, safety pins, paper clips, push pins, toothpicks, hardware like nails, nuts, bolts, screws, sewing notions like pins, needles, bobbins, buttons, snaps, beads, etc.

Also any kind of collection of small things like small toys, dice, marbles., coins..

Make small snow globes. ... ng/Holiday-Craft-DIY-Snow-Globe.html

Make little banks out of them:

I saw on a blog where they filled them with cake & candy sprinkles of various shapes and colors. You could prob do the same thing with small candies. (She also saved beach sand from various vacations in small bottles & labeled them.)

Fill them with layers of colored sand:

A few more ideas:

Maybe use to store buttons, needles, safety pins, paper clips, or for food like those small amounts of extra tomato paste, chopped chives etc in the fridge?

Great for packing things in for lunch (salad dressing, peanut butter, etc.).

I used spice bottles and baby food jars as well as storage for washers nuts bolts nails screws etc. I use a 1/2" x #3 screw to fasten the lids to the bottom of a cabinet above my work bench. (I have 20 spice and 16 baby food jars in my layout) Once attached I simply twist the jar onto the lid and I have the perfect out-of-the-way place for all those little odds and ends. I bought color coded labels for mine (red for nails blue for screws etc.)

I use mine to store small amounts of paint that I mixed for a certain project. Usually it is acrylic paints that came from a craft project.

A collection of spice bottles with lids.
Reusing Spice Bottles
Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 28, 2009
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions