Use an Old Phone Book for Paint Mess

This is more of a decorating tip then a craft tip, but when I am faux painting the walls of my home, I use the pages of an old phone book to remove excess paint from my sponge, rag, or feather duster. I just keep the flipping pages to get a fresh new surface to dab the extra paint off.

By Sandy

WOW this is a great idea thanks!

Yes a very good idea. I never considered the phonebook for anything but recycling myself, which is very hard to do in my area.

You have open my eyes to other possible reuses.

There are parts of the book that can be separated and reused as is for years . Pages like The Frequently called numbers page and the area maps.

I imagine I could line my parakeet cage with phonebook paper. Make beddng for gerbels and hamsters.

The number pages themselves could be used in some kind of art product display.

Yes you have created a new area for me to look for and find different reuses for the phone book

I thank You

Mr. Thrifty

Great idea! I also use old phone books for crafts...they can be used to press flowers or keep something from curling up on you. I don't like to lug around my self-healing mat so sometimes I use my old thick phone book to cut on.

NEVER-throw away a phone book. When you get a new phone book , put the old one in a plastic bag to keep it clean and put it in the trunk of your car..you will be glad you did...bdon1

White wall with dark green sponge painting.
Sponge Painting Walls
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingAugust 15, 2006
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
Stack of Old Phone Books
Uses for Old Phone Books
Old Paint Can
Disposing of Old Paint
🎉
🎄