Getting Parents Involved With Our Cadet Corp

I am the Cadet Liaison for my daughter's Cadet Corp and parent involvement is sadly lacking. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the parents more involved? I would like it to be more than just a drop off point...

Cadet Liaison Mom from Canada

Just thought you may be interested to know that I am involved with Scouts in Australia and we have EXACTLY the same problem. So many people work these days and even those that don't can't be bothered. With Little Athletics the same so we added a levy of $5 per family to cover fund raising. No-one complained. This worked well as we have around 200 families involved unlike Scouts. Oh well, enjoy your time with the group and don't stress...

Check the topic Fundraising for Cadet Corp. I say, if they use the Corp for babysitting, charge the going rate.

How about holding a Mother-daughter or dad-daughter event. Encourage kids who do not have a mom or dad to bring an "adult friend" of the appropriate gender. When I was a child I once brought an older cousin and once brought an uncle to a dad-daughter event. My uncle even brought me a corsage-I was the only Girl Scout with one and I felt pretty special!

Better Living CommunityApril 15, 2007
A safety pin with beads in a flag pattern.
Patriotic Craft Ideas For Kids (USA)
Helping Someone With Alzheimer's
Helping a Loved One with Alzheimer's
A child's feet sitting on a toilet during potty training.
Potty Training Your Child
Pink piggy bank wearing graduation cap with money in the slot.
Saving Money for College