Smart Names for Contacts In Your Cell Phone

If you are ever in an accident and/or unconscious, be sure to have your contacts in your cell phone listed as husband, wife, son, daughter, mom, etc. instead of John, Mary, etc. The medical staff will be able to contact someone in your immediate family a lot easier and faster.

By GinaMc from Judsonia, AR

It was announced on the news in my area to place a phone cantact of ICE. It stands for in case of emergency. They said that everyone should use this as a standard and then the EMT's / doctors or whatever would know who to contact.

Anonymous

When I first got my cell I could never remember it's number so I added myself to the contact list. In this I also had my address, home phone, email, and other conact information.

This came in handy when I lost it and got a call a few hours later from the gas station I dropped it at asking if I was ME ;)

ICE is pretty much everywhere to use "in case of emergency". It's a great idea.

I got an email last year suggesting that you type ICE in front of the people you want notified In Case of Emergency thus the "ICE". I was told that EMTs are now looking for the ICE prefix.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to list them both ways!

I HAVE A LISTING UNDER"HOME",IT WORKS ! I LOST MY PHONE IN A SNOW BANK WELL WHEN IT THAWED A GOT A CALL ON MY PHONE FROM THE GUY THAT FOUND IT HAHA,I CAN'T BELEIVE IT STILL WORKED.

Anonymous

What excellent advise! Thank you!

I've been told to put in cell phones, the word "ICE" and the phone number of your loved ones to be notified in case of emergency. The troopers or other emergency personnel know to look for this word, in a victim's cell as the #1 numbers to call, if needed.

good idea here in Europe we use the designation ICE (stands for In Case of Emergencies) as our contact no.

This is one the paramedics understand and asked us when the terrorists bombings happened a few years ago in London to do. So if they needed to find a contact for an accident patient if they scrolled down our cellphones they could find it.

Now its in common usage over here. It really does help

In order to make ICE appear first without having EMS scroll through your numbers, begin it with an 'A' so it appears first. Mine is A1 ICE XXXXX and A2 ICE XXXX.