Memory Quilt from Kids Clothes

I made a memory quilt of my son. I cut out pieces of some of his tee shirts, and also transferred pictures of him at different ages and put them on cloth, then put it altogether as a lap quilt. Also you can make for your children with their children on it for a gift, using, of course, some of their kids clothing and pictures. What a great gift to give.

By Nerven from Edgewood, MD

Great idea! I have sewn clothing for my five grandchildren since they were born. I've saved every scrap big enough to make a 1/4" seam on both sides and still have something left in the middle. As each one graduates from high school, I've made them scrap quilts from their left over fabric. You cannot imagine the joy I feel when they see that quilt! I was so pleasantly surprised at their reaction and the memories each piece of fabric brought back. I'm so happy that I did not give into the "urge to purge" I had a few times when closet space was at a premium.

Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt
Crafts Quilting IdeasNovember 20, 2009
Up close photo of quilt binding.
Binding a Quilt
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
Up close photo of a colorful koi quilt.
Cleaning a Quilt