Keep 6 Inch Paper at Desk for Measuring

I try to keep the clutter around my desk to a minimum, so I don't own a ruler. But, I do a lot of craft supply selling from there, so this helped me. I measured out a 6 inch piece of paper. I can see at a moment's notice how big fabric or granny squares are, fabric strips, jewelry, etc. This might work for you if you do the same.

By Poor But Proud from Sweet Home, OR

If you run out of paper, just use a dollar bill, any denomination. They are right on 6". Don't know about cm or mm, as beads etc are sometimes measured.

My first-grade teacher taught every class this back in the 1940's, and I imagine she taught every first grade class the same thing over a lot of years.

She was such a wonderful teacher, and she had the neatest little tricks for teaching all sorts of good stuff that we need and use all the time. Very simple little things like we need almost daily.

That is a great idea! Also, someone once reported that a credit card is 3.5" by 2.0" which sometimes helps, too!

Craft supplies for scrapbooking, including scissors, punches, paper and other decorations.
Organizing Craft Supplies
Crafts AdviceOctober 25, 2010
Leather Topped Desk
Removing Paper Stuck to a Leather Topped Desk
Drawer Organizer
Desk Drawer Organizer Ideas
Desk Calendar
Making A Desk Calendar
Measuring Elastic
Measuring Elastic for Clothing