Patterns for Dog Bandannas

I am looking for dog scarf patterns in all sizes. I like the bandanna type but with snaps or buttons.

By suzyspinkmoon from Clinton, TN

I don't think you really need a pattern. I've made many scarves for Maggie: Xmas, Valentine's, St. Pat's, Easter, etc. And just made an orange one for her as the ASPCA requested last month. I just cut a triangle of fabric that seems the right size and usually another piece to line it, sew together and turn. Usually put a little piece of velcro to fasten it. Good luck! Jean

Thank you Jean! Maggie is adorable! I'm thinking of making them for friends, who have dogs, as a gift. Some have big old beautiful labs and others have dogs like Maggie, very cute and very little. Maybe I worded my post wrong as what I am actually looking for is the length the scarf should be for many different size dogs. Maybe if I knew what the largest size length should be it would fit any dog down to a medium. If I knew what the average size medium length should be it would fit any dog down to a size small. Then maybe an extra small size too. It's the bigger dogs that I don't have a clue on how big their neck may be. Some friends live out of state or I would go measure them, Again, Thanx Jean! Your efforts are gratefully appreciated. My daughter, who lives out of state from me, has a big lab, maybe I should get her to measure "Ripley's" neck for me as he is one of the "Lucky Dogs" who is getting a set of scarves. Where do you measure on the neck or doesn't it make any difference. I think I'm starting to catch on, as long as it's not too small for the dog, it can't be too big, right? Boy, it's surely a fact, this getting old isn't for sissies! Yikes! It's just a simple little dog scarf, right. I want them to be nice and fit well but some of that will come as I get use to making them. I was thinking of sending each dog a scarf for each season, like you were saying Maggie has.

To get an idea for sizes, you could visit you local pet store and measure or at least eyeball the bandanas for sale.

Crafts SewingMay 4, 2009
Stained Glass
Stained Glass Patterns
Crochet Hat Patterns
Crochet Hat Patterns
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog