Fixing a Truck Headliner

Help, my headliner in my pick-up fell out. What kind of glue can I get to put something up there. The top really gets hot and so the a/c really isn't as cold as it could be.

Thanks for your help.

You could go to an automotive parts store and ask them for some ideas.I know 3M makes spray adhesive for that purpose.Just be careful if it is styroform as some adhesives could melt the styroform. Or you could visit a bodyshop that makes those repairs all the time and ask them what they use.

Another suggestion; The same thing happened to my dad's '51 Ford that he restored. This worked great! He took the headliner down, removed the fabric and bought some vinyl from the fabric store and applied adhesive (probably a liquid glue) and applied it to the headliner "board", which on newer vehicles is almost like cardboard anyway. It worked and looked nice. Also, depending on the thickness of the backing, you can try using thumbtacks or the types of tacks that are are used to hold slipcovers in place that kind of screw into the fabric. I've seen this work in some cases also. Finally, check a junkyard for the same year and model truck you have for a replacement. Good luck!

Jenny

Had a good laugh from this one! Years ago, my granddog (then, a puppy), chewed up the entire headliner in my car-he had separation anxiety! Anyway, I used an old quilt, which I suspended with the use of tension curtain rods (the kind with springs which make them adjustable), place at both ends of the headliner area and a couple of more in the middle area to keep it elevated. I couldn't even be angry with him!

years ago I used 3m spray adhesive and it held for quite a long time.Just be careful of the wrinkles