Removing Stains on a Car Headliner

Kids, pets, and routine use of your car and result in accidental stains on the upholstery and headliner. This is a page about removing stains on a car headliner.

How do I get old dried blood stains out of my minivan headliner? Its a light grey fabric. Is a Magic Eraser safe?

Answers

I would use hydrogen peroxide in an inconspicuous spot first.

I have had luck getting blood out of most fibers with a few drops of regular blue Dawn (not the extra powerful ones, the simple or simply original version). Dip a white rag in water, put a drop of dawn on the end and gently blot at the stain. Do not scrub. Always test it first in place you won't see. It usually works after treatment, but that is for stains that have not been baked in by sun. Those you may need to treat a few times to get them gone!

I would not recommend using a Magic Eraser as this usually requires a little rubbing and that may not be good for a headliner.

I think the blue Dawn might work - just dab and wait a few minutes - do not rub.
You can then dab with a drop of water and gently press dry with a clean white cloth. It may take a few times but try not to get the headliner wet as it may loosen up in that area and drop down (probably glued to top).

If that does not work you might try a drop of Dawn, a drop of hydrogen peroxide and a drop of water and gently dab that with a cloth or Q-tip (if it really is a light gray). Usually this mixture would not cause fading.

If you have a larger area you might try using a clean white cloth in a larger area but I would try the small area first to see if it work.

You can get it out with plain water. Just wet the spot and keep on squeezing and blotting the blood as it dissolves. You can also use an enzyme product like the ones made for septic tanks or pet urine accidents.

The bacteria in the product will consume the organic blood. You must keep the area damp for the bacteria to work.

Anonymous

Thank you! This worked for me! I really appreciate it

My 3 year old colored on the interior roof of my van with red Crayola (non washable) marker. How can I get it off without wrecking the cloth of the roof? The roof is a light gray/tan color. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

By Mary from MN

Answers

Try hand sanitizer gel. Try in an inconspicuous place first to make sure it doesn't stain but it works on most everything I have tried.

Removes marker pen from kitchen worktops, white curtains, CD's and skin! If you have no staining then dab some on some cotton wool and it should come right off. Good luck, Monique :)

My granddaughter drew on my mothers velveteen chair with a ink pen I used a magic eraser on it and it took it out and didn't harm the fabric.

There is a product available at Walmart called Goof Off. I've used that for MANY things, and have had pretty good luck. It has quite an odor, so make sure to ventilate! Good luck! Of course, there's always the stand-by, finger nail polish remover. I would dampen with it and dab, don't scrub.

I am wondering how to get a marker pen line off the interior roof of a car. It's the standard whiteboard drywipe marker pen. Anyone have any suggestions? Not sure about the fabric, but I think it's the usual interior material.

By Steffan Ashe from Ireland

Answers

Anonymous

Magic eraser

Anonymous

Did you try a dry erase eraser?

Blot with ammonia and rinse with cold water.

How do you get a soda stain out of the cloth headliner of my car?

By DCW

How do I get chocolate milk off the roof inside my car? I've tried to clean it off, but a dark stain is still there. Is there anything I can do to get it off?

By Rob

Answers

I used a fluid called Simple green first dilute it a bit. I used it to remove hot chocolate on a cream color roof.

Does anyone have any good tips for removing oil pastel from the fabric of the roof inside my car? After collecting my 4 year old from school, he decided to decorate the entire inside of my car with an oil pastel! This is proving a nightmare to remove, especially as its oil based. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

By sarah from West Sussex, England

Answers

I had mascara on my headliner and a baby wipe took it off.

Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning InteriorOctober 24, 2014
🌻
🎂
📓