Using Bug Spray Around Cats

My parents bought me Spectracide BugStop (indoor/outdoor formula) for when I first moved in since my condo is older. I'm having issues with spiders, gnats, cockroaches, etc. My question is 2-fold. Is it OK for my cats to still be in the house, just not in the same room while I'm spraying? How long after I spray for bugs do I have to wait until I can clean up the residue, since you typically spray it in the corners and on the baseboards? My main concern is my cats stepping in it and then ingesting it since they use their paws for grooming.

By Jennie from Tempe, AZ

Never, ever expose your cats to poison(s). They are much more sensitive to poisons than we are (1) they are a lot smaller than us and (2) they are closer to the floor where you would spray it. You might consider having a professional come in to bomb the apartment (or you could do it yourself), but you must remove the cats beforehand and keep them away from the home for at least 24 hours afterward. If you must use the spray, close off the room or put them in a room where they won't be able to get near it. I would just not use it, you actually have the best pest terminators ever living with you!

Call a professional and get rid of the spray. Tell the professional you need to exterminate but you have amimals. You might need to board your cats a few days. Don't take a chance of making your cats sick.

Home and Garden Pest Control AdviceMay 13, 2011
Bug Sprayed on Wood Table
Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table
Homemade Bug Spray
Homemade Bug Spray
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
house cat
Reasons Cats Spray
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 9:40:13 PM on 10.0.0.78 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.