Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table

Category Stains
If you get bug spray on a wood table, it can leave a stain and residue. This is a guide about cleaning a bug spray stain on wood table.

My husband had bug spray on his leg when he put it on my coffee table. Now it has a huge stain that I can't get rid of! It almost looks like the bug spray took the finish off. Can anyone help?

By debbie from Austin, TX

Answers

Most likely did. That is why the use of mosquito sprays have warnings on them for their use. I presume this is a wooden table, so some Murphy's soap, elbow grease. Could check with a professional refinisher for ideas of what to use but if you are going to have to have it professionally done, do not use anything on it, making it more difficult to take care of.

I agree. I am guessing that the bug spray did take the finish off. You will have to have it refinished. Consult someone who knows how to do this. There may be a way to fix it without redoing the whole thing.

Anonymous

Finish is still there but see white spots

Is there anything that can be done to fix a bug spray spot on the dining table?

Answers

You can try a trick I know that removes other stains from wood, with the bug spray being pesticide I dont know that it will have the same results but I dont think it would hurt to try. All you need to do is take some baking soda and vinegar and make a wet paste.

Paste it on the stain and let it dry completely. Next you wipe the paste off, and get a clean rag that is soaked in hydrogen peroxide. Place the hydrogen peroxide soaked rag on the stain. This takes other stains out of wood, hopefully it will help you.

I have a mark on a wooden table caused by placing a can of insect repellent on it. How can I remove it?

By chris from NZ