Upcycled Wooden Table

I got this table for free and upcycled it for about $5. (I already had basic supplies of paint, brushes, stain, varnish, and sandpaper. The only things I purchased was the vinyl and a small bottle of acrylic craft paint.) The top was not wood, but the legs of the table were, so I decided to do a combination of wood, paint, and vinyl for the top. It turned out rather unique!

Total Time: 15 hours

Yield: 1

• table
  • sandpaper
  • power sander
  • vinyl adhesive sheets (contact paper or 12 by 12 vinyl adhesive from a scrapbook store)
  • acrylic paint and paintbrush
  • water based varnish and paintbrush

1. Using a power sander, sand the top of the table.
  2. Using sand paper, I sanded the legs and the two designs on each side of the table. This is the part which took several hours. The sides underneath the rim of the table were in good condition, so I left them the original dark color.
  3. After it was all sanded, I painted the rim and top of the table and the two decorative parts. Then, I stained the legs.
  4. Allow at least 24 hours for the paint and stain to dry, then varnish.
  5. For the decorative vinyl on top, I printed a template from the computer and taped it together. To make it wider, I did this step twice and taped the pieces together. Using the pattern, I traced around the edges of the template onto the vinyl, cut it out, and placed it on top of the table.
Crafts Furniture Painting and RefurbishingNovember 7, 2020
🎄
😷
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Upcycled-Wooden-Table-1.html