Reupholstering an Accent Chair

I am trying to remove a seat and back on a wooden accent chair from Cabot House so that I can reupholster it. I unscrewed the seat bottom, but the chair pad does not loosen. I cannot see how to remove the chair back since I do not see any screws.

Do you have any suggestions?
Desperate

By Dorothy from Boston, MA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Call a place that does this kind of work, maybe they can help you, good luck.

Without pictures it's very difficult to visualize what might be the issue with it.

Looks like Cabot House is pretty specific to the east coast so I would recommend checking with them, posting pictures and/or just getting forceful if the chair doesn't have any value (ie: if you were to sell it on CraigsList would you sell it for $20-$50 or would it be worth $200 or more.)

If it's a chair that has value - both sentimental and for replacement purposes (insurance wise) then I would suggest having it professionally recovered. I have a gorgeous antique dresser that is desperate need of refinishing but it's something that has both sentimental and insurance value. Not something I would trust to a DIYer (like me) with not much experience.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating FurnitureFebruary 25, 2010
Chairback Caddy
Making a Chair Caddy
painting accent wall
Accent Wall Paint Color Advice
Leather Recliner
Reupholstering a Recliner
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:29:39 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.