Advice On Using Gold Jewelry Cleaner

How do you use jewelry cleaner on gold? Can you recommend any brands?

Wanda from Saint Mary, GA

My wife and I have done well soaking jewelry in Listerine.

Make sure what you are cleaning really is all gold, and not plate. Can make a difference.

A friend of mine used a jewelry cleaner that took off the white gold plating (a necklace that had some white gold superimposed on the yellow gold). Needless to say, she was not happy.

Walmart sells an excellent brand at their jewelry counter. It's called something like Connoisseur. It's used by professional jewelers, and is very good and not very expensive (about $3.00). The directions are on the plastic container. The red container is for gold, gray for silver, and white for delicate. It should last you a long time. Please, if you want your gold jewelry to last and stay beautiful, use a good gold cleaner on it. Other chemicals may pit it.

Toothpaste works well. Don't use one that claims to whiten because it is more abrasive. Be gentle and just brush in small circles, not ripping strokes. God bless!

Try baking soda and a soft toothbrush.

I put a plop of ammonia in a bowl of warm water, let the gold soak a couple of minutes, then rinse with water and dry on a cotton dishtowel.

Just make sure to wear protective eyewear when using the ammonia.

Simple Green, fully concentrated works the best. I soak all of my jewelry and then use an old soft brissel toothbrush to get into the little crevices. Cleans diamonds, gold, silver, metal band watches etc

This may sound crazy, but the best thing to soak your jewelry in is actually urine. Leaves the jewelry like new!

Do NOT use toothpaste or baking soda, as they are abrasive. www.something-new.com It is the most fantastic gold/silver jewelry cleaner I have ever used in my life.

As the 1st person noted, I use "Something New", it works amazingly well, and it's the only thing I know that you can use on silver & gold and opals, pearls, and soft stones. And it's all-natural so it's safe to use around kids & pets. It's a little expensive, but a little really does last a long time. I love it! And I clean others' jewelry for them & they love it too.

Home and Garden Cleaning JewelryAugust 11, 2007
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Jewelry
A shiny pile of gold chains, rings and other jewelry
Cleaning Gold Jewelry
Cash for Gold
Selling Gold Jewelry For Cash
🎄