Store Shredder in Picnic Basket

While organizing my living area and entryway, I came across an idea that worked for me. In the past I had trouble shredding my documents because my shredder was not in a handy place. I don't like it sitting out since it looks messy, so I grabbed an old picnic basket and put the shredder inside, closed the lid, and ran the electrical cord through an existing hole in the weave. Now it can sit where it is handy but it is also in an attractive hiding place and no one needs to know it's there.

By Susan from Elkhart, IN

This is a good idea also because you are keeping it under cover, so it will be safer. I have just read about dogs getting their tongues shredded and little kids slicing off fingers in the shredder. This would make it much safer, as dogs don't as a rule, open up wicker baskets.

Also a good idea to keep the shredder unplugged, so no accident can occur.

My shredder stays unplugged not only to protect my grandkids' tender fingers. It also protects my machine from the chance they might try to shred something inappropriate, and saves $$ on the electric bill besides.

Paper Shredding Tips
Paper Shredding Tips
Organizing OfficeJune 17, 2010
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Group having a picnic.
Church Picnic Theme Ideas
Red and white checked picnic blanket.
Making a Picnic Blanket
Quilted Picnic Bag
Making a Quilted Picnic Bag
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 18, 2016 at 4:31:41 PM on in 978 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.